Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanks for Giving

I am extra excited for the thanksgiving holiday this year because I have a lot of things to be thankful for. Thanksgiving and Christmas are probably the hugest holiday's in the Guell family, and I suspect they are in most households as well. Somewhere between the quality time with the fam, the awesome food, football (Lions/Patriots, Cowboys/Saints, Jets/Bengals), ice cold brewskis, and the nervous wreck that is Buddy the dog with the constant cool that is Poncho the Gerbil, lies a pretty blissful day.

The number one thing that I have to be thankful for above all the many other great things is that my Dad is cancer free. My Dad has been back to work for a while now and he is more active than his 20 year old son. Just this last week he put up our massively long snow-fences all by himself and usually it's a two person job. Believe me I've put it up with him before and it is not a leisure activity. Even after all my Dad has been through he could still probably beat the crap out of me and brothers all at once. (not that he would because my dad is a teddy bear)

I am also thankful for having my Mom because she is always there for me to talk to, and come to for advice. My Mom has helped me out a lot with homework when I was younger. There was a time in grade school when I was behind with my Math, Reading, and English skills and I don't think I would have ever developed to where I am now if it hadn't been for all those nights she helped and taught me through my homework. If my Mom isn't at work she is cleaning up after the thousands of messes that we have made over the years, and I think that is a huge thing that goes unnoticed because it is something that we all have kind of relied upon over the years. I try to keep my room clean and very rarely will clean the house for her and whenever I do she is always very thankful, and that should me thanking her every time she cleans.  

Going off of this I have my parents to be thankful for in general. I feel bad for the people out there who are not on good terms with their parents or have arguments with them because I have never known that. Everything that my parents do is selfless and always for the good of their kids and grandchildren. They are two of the hardest working people I know in my life, and they never complain or ask for handouts. Everything my parents have they earned through working hard and loving their family and friends with the same wholeheartedness that they put into everything else they do. I would give my parents an A+ on raising me and my brothers and my sister. I mean this in the humblest way possible when I say that I have gained a strong work ethic, family values, and people skills that aim to treat everyone the way they deserve to be treated from my parents and every compliment that I have received for who I am I owe to my parents.

Next I am thankful for my lady Lizzi Anne Hutter. I don't have the time to even scratch the surface of how much she has impacted my life and made it better. Lizzi deserves a whole different blog that would give her justice. All I can say is that I would be completely lost without her and life would be quite unbearable without her by my side.

I am thankful for my best friend Henry Marvin Guell. We've been through our entire lives together and there is not a single person on earth that I can talk to about everything except Henry.

I'm thankful for Nic Faber and Noah Moser for keeping the band together. You guys quench my thirst for rock and I could care less at the end of the day if we were the only people who liked our songs because I have so much fun playing with you guys. Being in a band with you guys is everything I hoped being a band would be. Except I think we all can agree that we need to play more shows haha. 6-8 shows over 3 years is not a good number. Neither is having about 20 practices. I blame it on our busy schedules. =) 

I am thankful that my sister Haley her husband Brice and the beautiful Sophia their daughter are moving back to Wisconsin in 2ish weeks. Brice and Sophia have been such a gift to our family and I couldn't pick a better guy than Brice if I tried. Brice almost instantly felt like my brother and a part of the family. He fits in incredibly well with us here in Wisconsin. Brice is the perfect spiritual leader for my sister, their daughter, and a spiritual role model for us all. The same can be said of Haley and I definitely look up to her and Brice in how on fire for Christ they are.
As far as nieces and nephew I have the jumping bean Sammy, the little owl Sophie, and the funniest little boy Zekie to be thankful for. All three of these kids brighten my mood just at the thought of them. What a blessing they are to our family.

Lastly I would like to thank God. Trying to create a list for God is as impossible as counting to infinity. I have never known such an everlasting and unfaltering love as God's and I only hope that I will begin to know his love more.

 

3 comments:

  1. Love you little brother and everything you had to say. Can't wait to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading this Tyler. I'm thankful for your family too. Please take care of my boy. We will be missing him here. I'm sure he will miss his three brothers. They are so close. He will need a brother like you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tyler, this made me tear up. I hope someday I have the chance to meet this amazing family in Wisconsin. You are all so genuine and close and I just love that! Haley is very blessed to have such a peaceful and loving family. I can't wait to read your future posts!

    ReplyDelete